Material Damage and Business Interruption

At Miles Smith we are constantly evolving our insurance offering to meet the needs of modern businesses. We now offer a combined material damage and business interruption policy to protect our clients if they suffer loss or damage to buildings, plant and stock that may in turn result in a significant overall business interruption.

Material damage insurance provides cover to reinstate any asset lost or damaged to how it was before an insured event occurred, such as a fire or flood. It’s the modern form of what used to be called fire & perils but is a far superior cover. When combined with business interruption cover, it provides complete cover against a serious event. Not only are your assets covered, but your business income is protected financially from an inability to trade.

  • What’s typically covered?
  • Reinstatement and replacement of buildings, fixtures, office contents and stock
  • Damage or destruction from fire, storm or flood
  • Accidental Damage
  • Loss of revenue
  • The cost of any additional staff needed as a result of the disaster
All businesses are unique so to make sure you’re covered, get in touch with our team of experts.

"Miles Smith staff are friendly, extremely approachable, responsive and very much work with us, allowing us to get on with the day-to-day running and growth of our business"

Karl Stevens
Group Finance Director

Private Ambulance

Miles Smith were asked to address a concern from an existing Private Ambulance client worried about the temporary cost of hiring replacement vehicles following an insured event at their Ambulance depot.

Read more

Call John Madden to discuss your needs

Our team are experts in arranging insurance solutions for your industry.

Asbestos Removal and Surveying Covers

Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability

If you have employees then it is a legal requirement that your...

Read more

Material Damage and Business Interruption

At Miles Smith we are constantly evolving our insurance offering to meet...

Read more

Motor Fleet

Motor Fleet cover is recommended for businesses that operate with a number...

Read more

Machinery and Plant

Machinery and Plant Insurance covers equipment that is essential in, amongst others,...

Read more

Contract Works

Contract Works is designed for builders and tradesmen and provides cover for...

Read more


The impact of fraud can be wide-ranging. Crime cover helps protect you...

Read more

Personal Accident and Travel

Personal Accident and Travel is designed to protect the businesses directors, partners...

Read more


A cyber policy is designed to provide support and protect your business...

Read more

Directors’ and Officers’

Directors’ and Officers’, or D&O as it is often referred to, offers...

Read more

Legal Expenses

Legal Expenses cover is provided as an extension to a number of...

Read more

Professional Indemnity

Professional Indemnity, sometimes referred to as PI, provides financial support for legal...

Read more

Does my trade fit within Miles Smith's appetite?

Please call us to discuss your specific needs and we will be happy to assist.

Can you cover my property outside of the UK?

Our policy can cover holiday homes throughout the world. We will work with you to understand the unique risks in the country where your holiday home is before creating cover that keeps your holiday home protected.

What are you looking for?

Showing results for

Request a call back

Morning (9am- 12pm)Afternoon (12pm to 5pm)Anytime