A cyber policy is designed to provide support and protect your business if it is subject to an attack by a hacker or a data breach. It offers comprehensive cover and help with reputation management should you need it.
Providing our customers with cover that works in the real world is what we do at Miles Smith. And the real world is now very much online. The spiralling volume of information stored and transferred electronically has resulted in an increase in the potential exposures facing businesses. Because of this, cyber liability insurance is a necessity and a traditional commercial insurance policy is extremely unlikely to protect against most cyber exposures.
- What’s typically covered?
- Data Breaches: Increased online consumer spending has placed more responsibility on companies to protect clients’ personal information as affected parties can sue you as a result.
- Business and Network Interruption: If your business operations require the use of computer systems, a disaster that prevents you from accessing or operating your systems could cause you to lose significant potential revenue.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Your company’s online presence, be that your website, a blog or social media, opens you up to the same exposures faced by publishers. These include libel, copyright or trademark infringement and defamation.
- Damage to Third-Party Systems: If you inadvertently transmit a virus to a third-party customer or supplier by email, USB or other, you could be held liable for the damage caused.
- System Failure: A natural disaster, malicious activity or a fire could all cause physical damages that could result in data or code loss.
- Cyber Extortion: Hackers can hijack websites, networks and stored data, denying access to you or your customers. They often demand money to restore your systems, as well as cause a temporary loss of revenue.
"Miles Smith staff are friendly, extremely approachable, responsive and very much work with us, allowing us to get on with the day-to-day running and growth of our business"
Group Finance Director
Miles Smith was asked by a large nationwide retailer to undertake a thorough review of its insurance provisions to highlight any potential gaps in cover.Read more
Asbestos Removal and Surveying Covers
Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability
If you have employees then it is a legal requirement that your...Read more
Material Damage and Business Interruption
At Miles Smith we are constantly evolving our insurance offering to meet...Read more
Motor Fleet cover is recommended for businesses that operate with a number...Read more
Machinery and Plant
Machinery and Plant Insurance covers equipment that is essential in, amongst others,...Read more
Contract Works is designed for builders and tradesmen and provides cover for...Read more
The impact of fraud can be wide-ranging. Crime cover helps protect you...Read more
Personal Accident and Travel
Personal Accident and Travel is designed to protect the businesses directors, partners...Read more
A cyber policy is designed to provide support and protect your business...Read more
Directors’ and Officers’
Directors’ and Officers’, or D&O as it is often referred to, offers...Read more
Legal Expenses cover is provided as an extension to a number of...Read more
Professional Indemnity, sometimes referred to as PI, provides financial support for legal...Read more
Does my trade fit within Miles Smith's appetite?
Please call us to discuss your specific needs and we will be happy to assist.
Where is Miles Smith located?
Miles Smith’s head office is based in the City of London, the address is: One America Square, 17 Crosswall, London, EC3N 2LB. There are two additional offices, one in Ampthill, Bedfordshire and one in Sudbury, Suffolk.