Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance protects your business’s property should it be damaged by fire, flood, burst pipes or storms and other named perils (impact, lightning etc). If you own the building your business operates from, or if you’ve made changes to rented premises, Buildings Insurance is a must.

Without the right insurance in place, if your property does suffer damage you’d have to pay the repair costs yourself and, in the worst case, you may not be able to continue to trade. It’s also important to make sure your building is insured for the full rebuild cost, including any fees and the cost of site clearance, and not just the market value.

  • What’s typically covered?
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Cover for standard risks such as storms, floods and fire
  • Rebuilding costs, which includes all professional fees and associated costs
  • Trace and access, cover for the cost of locating damage to cables, underground pipes and drains
All businesses are unique so to make sure you’re covered, get in touch with our team of experts.

"Miles Smith staff are friendly, extremely approachable, responsive and very much work with us, allowing us to get on with the day-to-day running and growth of our business"

Group Finance Director, Belfield Group

Private Clients

A Miles Smith high-net-worth client was victim to an aggravated burglary at her property and suffered severe bruising and injury to her body.

Read more
Industry Expert Headshot

Call Chris Mills to discuss your needs

Our team are experts in arranging insurance solutions for your industry.

Manufacturing Covers

Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability

If you have employees then it is a legal requirement that your...

Read more

Motor Fleet

Motor Fleet cover is recommended for businesses that operate with a number...

Read more

Material Damage and Business Interruption

At Miles Smith we are constantly evolving our insurance offering to meet...

Read more

Contents and Stock

If there was an incident at your business premises and you lose...

Read more

Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance protects your business’s property should it be damaged by fire,...

Read more


The impact of fraud can be wide-ranging. Crime cover helps protect you...

Read more


A cyber policy is designed to provide support and protect your business...

Read more

Directors’ and Officers’

Directors’ and Officers’, or D&O as it is often referred to, offers...

Read more

Legal Expenses

Legal Expenses cover is provided as an extension to a number of...

Read more

Can you create one policy for all my contents?

Yes, we can. Our process involves a thorough appraisal of all your contents, whether that’s a fine art collection or prestige cars, before creating a bespoke policy that is designed just for you.

Can you cover my property outside of the UK?

Our policy can cover holiday homes throughout the world. We will work with you to understand the unique risks in the country where your holiday home is before creating cover that keeps your holiday home protected.

What are you looking for?

Showing results for

Request a call back

Morning (9am- 12pm)Afternoon (12pm to 5pm)Anytime

Get in touch

020 7977 4800

Make an enquiry

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]